It's been a bit since I've made an update. Largely because I've been working with dirty metal and stopping to take pics with the ipad tends to get it all sorts of dirty. So I need to figure out a way to keep the ipad clean but still get decent pics.
I'm gonna order a case and a screen protector and hope for the best. I have built a welding cart, a garden table and will be doing a coffee table for a friend soon. So I'll try to get some pics of that.
All right, getting my welder hooked up. Jumping right in to my first little project. Exhaust.
The continuation of the suspension work. This time sorting out the front.
Finally done with it, so let’s just get right in to the write up while I still have the energy.
On with the show.
The bushing in my rear trailing arm was shot so I decided to put in these from energy suspension. It is fortunately not an overly complicated task to get this Japanese sex toy looking thing into the rear trailing arm, though it is a bit of a drawn out process.
Maybe it annoys you, that's probably a good thing as it means it got your attention.
This is an install of a flasher module for the high mount brake light in the civic wagon. And subsequent install of a resistor to get the light to work correctly.
LED technology has progressed to the point that it's viable for use in vehicle headlights. Higher end newer cars are using them, but how do the eBay kits hold up? I've seen some sell for a couple hundred and I'm sure could go higher. These ones I've picked up for around $80 at the time this was written.
O.k. So the idea behind this is you have a dual purpose bulb. I wanted some brighter attention getting running lights as well as just a nice bright turn signal.
You can see on the bulb itself it actually has two arrays of LEDs. The yellow ones are bright white. The orange ones are the amber. The effect is pretty awesome. On with the install.
The top tabs of my gauge bezel were completely destroyed. I picked up some marine grade epoxy from the Home Depot and filled the broken out bits in. Then drilled some new holes. It's working great.
You can use some tape or foil as a backing for the epoxy while it sets. The marine grade takes about 24 hours to fully cure. Also it's very hard to tool then, so maybe carve out any excess when it's not fully cured. Either way, fixed the rattling thing. I'll update if anything changes.