A previous article from the old incarnation of the website, but I figured I’d re-post it.
I don’t recall all the gritty details on it, but I’ll come back to that. I believe this one in particular is from 1920. I basically did a major cleanup on it, as well as changed out part of the carriage.
The previous carriage had a crack all the way through it, so when you’d get about 3/4 of the way through a line it would shift slightly lower, either way, broken.
Also I did some major polishing on it, and you can see the difference it made here.
I also ordered some custom ribbons for it inked in brown. I have some ivory 100% cotton paper that I use, so it looks faboo.